Summer is a great time to get outdoors, play, explore and learn at the same time. We’ve got 10 brilliant outdoor summer science activities to keep you busy.
- Set up a zip wire outdoors or inside on a rainy day. Can you time how long it takes bigger and smaller teddy bears to get to the bottom, which do you think will be fastest? What happens if you change the incline?
- Set up some messy, gloop, I added a bit of lemonade kool-aid to this and it smelled delicious.
- Make some fruity boats, do they sink if you add LEGO men??
- Take a trip into the forest to find out how tall a tree is.
- Can you look for animal footprints or listen for animal sounds? Which animals do you think they are?
- Make some easy shooters and learn about aerodynamics.
- Can you set up an outdoor kitchen and make a muddy, messy potion?
- Make your own bubble mixture and some GIANT bubbles!
- Learn about waterproofing with this simple experiment.
- How about getting active and trying some scooter science?
What are your favourite outdoor summer science activities?
For more great ideas of things to do with kids this summer, follow the School’s Out Top 10 Summer Learning Blog Hop by Kid Blogger Network.