Well actually just blood!
I am going to show you two ways to make blood.
The first show and demonstrates how blood actually works in the clotting and healing mechanism.
The second is just pretty cool and more effective looking!
Both contain food colouring so will stain clothes, ensure your are not wearing anything expensive or you don’t mind turning red!
They are edible..I wouldn’t choose to eat them!
Blood Type (pun intended) 1
You will need:
Red food colouring
Grease proof paper
1. Heat about 120ml of water until it is boiling.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin
3. Keep stirring until it dissolves – it does tend to stick to the pan.
4. Take off the heat and leave to cool for 15 mins
5. Add a few drop of red food dye until you get the colouring you would like.
6. Over the next course an hour it will thicken showing how blood coagulates and sticks together. If your pour it into a clear glass you will see that happen easily.
7. You can use it once you have got it to its desired consistency with vampire fangs and pretend cuts.
8. If you take some of the sticky blood out and smear it on grease proof paper, it will set hard like a scab does!
Blood Type 2
This is a sticker, tastier and gooier blood, but not as clever. It just looks good!
You will need:
Red blue dye
Blue food dye
1. Pour in a good 3 squirts of golden syrup
2. Add 1 tsp of flour and stir
3. Add at least five drops of red food colouring.
4. Add a tiny drop (less than in fact) of blue of get that rich red colour.
5. You now have your sticky blood!
So go and have fun and freak your friends out!