If you’re a regular reader you’ll know how much we love a fab company called Tech Will Save Us. I first came across them a few years ago thanks to their brilliant Electro Dough Kits, which my daughter’s school were so impressed with they bought a huge pack with some science grant money. I’ll never forget the wonder on the children’s faces as at just 5 and 6 years old they made their very own circuits for the first time.
We had great fun making a light up reindeer just before Christmas with the Dough Universe Kit and this week have been testing out the new Electro Hero Kit created in partnership with Disney. The brilliant Marvel Avengers themed kit allows kids to save the world with the Avengers by completing secret missions encouraging them them to create and build circuits and most importantly have fun all whilst learning!
Why we love the Electro Hero Kit:
- All the instructions are online and explained in terms of Avengers missions which gives brilliant context to the activity. Everything is very well explained and the instructions are so clear that very little adult help is needed as long as a child can read and understand instructions.
- After each section there’s guidance for what to do if it’s not working. This is perfect for allowing children to try to solve a problem themselves, before asking for help.
- Everything just works! I’m often sent kits to try where the parts feel cheap and flimsy and everything just seems to fall apart. All the kits we’ve tried from TWSU are sturdy, very well made and work fantastically first time.
- The dough is easy to get our of the moulds. I know this sounds a bit silly, but so often when using dough moulds we struggle remove the dough. The Avengers moulds are very clever and have a base that neatly pushes the dough out perfectly formed! Making the bricks for Hulk’s smash wall was a very satisfying experience rather than the frustration I was expecting.
- The missions in the online instructions are fantastic, but the play doesn’t stop there, which is why we love electro dough circuits. Once children have got the hang of creating circuits, the opportunities for creative play are endless. I can’t wait to see what what Avengers themed circuits my children create after school today.
We think this is another fab kit from TWSU and a must have item for any curious little ones.
Promotion Code for Tech Will Save Us
You can get a fantastic 10% off any product using the code spark10 before Sunday 29th April 2018.
Win an Electro Hero Kit from Tech Will Save Us
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
Closes Midnight 11th May 2018
Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter and noticed via e-mail on the 12th May 2018.
The prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
The prize is non transferable.
Entrants must be 18 years or over.
The prize is the responsibility of Tech Will Save Us
If the winner does not respond to the winning e-mail within 48 hours a new winner will be drawn.
Last Updated on April 29, 2018 by Emma Vanstone
I have a VERY science mad lb (age 6), has been saying since the age of 4 he is going to be a scientist, is loving maths and science at school so hopefully he keeps enjoying it. He would love these kits, they look amazing I’ve never seen them before and would be good kits to use with our Beaver Scouts too. 🙂
I had no idea dough could do this.
Amazing hands on activity
If you ask me it has to be Thor but my boy would def say Spiderman x
Since i’ve been a small boy, its been the Incredible Hulk!
My Dad x
We love The Hulk. x
Batman is my favourtie, but my son prefers Spiderman, so he’s definitely more a Marvel boy. He’d love this, as he’s also a budding (and enthusiastic) Scientist! Great idea and great prize.
Batman! I love his car!!
Has to be Wonder Woman
My favourite super hero is Spiderman
The incredible Hulk because I always have end up feeling sorry for him too lol
Our favourite is Batman
My fave is Superman … love Lois, Lex, Supergirl and all the rest from his stories
My favourite superhero is Spiderman
This is fantastic! Thank you for letting me know about this! My little one would go crazy over this! His favourite is StarLord … mine, usually Thor, but i’ve taken a liking to Dr Strange recently 🙂
We love Batman!!
Either my Mum or Goober from the ghostchasers!
got to be batman
Batman for sure!
Wonder Woman in our house!
Pam Francis Gregory
My grandma was, but besides that its got to be batman
The Joker, does he count?
Hong Kong Phooey – does that count?!
I love watching the Lynda Carter version of Wonder Woman with my niece.
Wonder Woman 🙂
Wonder Woman as she has girl power! x
I like Robocop.
i love the Hulk
Maria Jane Knight
Ironman….. Robert Downey Jr is a hottie!
Superman is my fave superhero
As a child it was Spiderman, nowadays I like the movie depiction of Captain America and television depiction of DareDevil
my grandad x
My favourite superhero is definitely Batman! Fab giveaway. Thank you.
captain america x
Ironman is our favourite. Thanks for the competition.