We have a stash of Christmas LEGO that excitedly gets brought out to play with around this time of year. I love the cute little reindeers, elves, snowmen and of course Santa. When the Christmas LEGO comes out we know Christmas is close!
My 8 year old made a fun Christmas themed LEGO maze similar to our more traditional LEGO maze using our Christmas Characters as props.
Points to Consider
- How wide does your path need to be?
- What obstacles will you use
- Can you fit a ramp?
- Can you make a double layer maze?
More LEGO Ideas
- Is it easier with a smaller or bigger marble?
- Can you draw a plan and then build your maze to match your plan? What changes need to be made to your design as you build?
- Can you make a magnetic LEGO maze.
- Can you make and draw instructions a friend can follow?
This is a great activity for practicing planning and design skills, as well as improving fine motor control.